Mark is a Chief Information Officer (CIO) with a track record of supporting high growth business strategies through technology transformations.
He has a passion for customer driven organisations and has supported many companies business strategies. To name a few – Abcam, Costa Coffee, Wiggle and Chain Reaction Cycles, Sainsbury’s, Ocado…
Mark’s strength is in helping organisations utilise technology to increase sales, improve efficiency and rapidly grow. He delivers growth in organisations through a focus on effective strategy, target operating models and the building of great teams.
- Through leading a digital transformation supported the Sainsbury’s online groceries business to triple it’s turnover.
- As the CTO of eCommera, later acquired by Dentsu, Mark and his team enabled many organisations to fulfil their digital ambitions by selling online including Asda, Clarins, Coty, Hamleys, House of Fraser, London 2012 Olympics, Jimmy Choo and Belstaff.
- As CIO of digital sports retailer Wiggle and Chain Reaction Cycles Mark implemented the strategy of re-platforming legacy applications onto packaged solutions from Oracle. This enabled the business to scale efficiently and manage their margins profitably.
- At wiggle Mark also created a high performing digital transactional platform that delivered a significant uplift in site conversion, enabled customer change every two weeks and international localisation – supporting the group to become a £500m organisation.
- Following the transformation of Wiggle Mark spent two years as Global CIO of Costa Coffee rapidly modernising their technology platform to enhance their digital proposition based on their loyalty programme, as well as getting Costa ready for the sale to Coca Cola.
Since March 2018 Mark has been at the forefront of building a new technology strategy and approach at life science organisation Abcam.