Jay is a technologist with a broad experience across a number of industry sectors including media, financial services, retail, FMCG and life sciences.
He operates as a CTO who brings a creative, business focused approach to optimising data and technology to deliver services that benefit customers and organisations.
Jay has an imaginative approach to business challenges, backed by a rich experience in some of the UK’s leading retail, financial services and professional organisations. His background enables him to translate complex technology into a business language and solutions.
- Since the early-2000s Jay has been pioneering data architecture and has led data transformations at organisations such as Egg.com (Prudential), Nationwide Building Society and Abcam. He also has architecture experience across many industries including engineering (Rolls-Royce), retail (Boots and Dixons) and a wide range of wholesale and financial services (Egg, Nationwide Building Society and Experian).
- Jay’s expertise in enterprise resource planning (ERP) transformation, notably as Chief Architect of Brakes food service, saw him oversee the change where 12 disparate ERP systems were re-architected into one.
- At scientific organisation Abcam he lead a global ERP transformation.
- Jay has been at the forefront of major transformations of organisations such as Costa Coffee, the retailer Boots as well as wholesalers Brakes and engineering firm Rolls Royce.
- Joining as Chief Architect in 2018 Jay lead the development of a loyalty programme for coffee chain Costa that is widely considered world class. He also helped Whitbread successfully sell Costa Coffee to Coca Cola.
Since January 2018 Jay has been re-architecting the data and technology of life science business Abcam.